HOW WE WORK
How we work, where and with whom is guided by our values
1. Reciprocity / “give and take”
We recognise the mutual nature of transformative relationships
2. Solidarity / “in it together”
In an environment where many people feel very isolated and vulnerable we look for connections wherever we can find them.
3. Localism / “down to you”
We are not waiting for someone else to do things that we can do for ourselves.
We see ourselves as facilitators and enablers in building community locally.
Facilitate - make (an action or process) easy or easier
Enable - give the means to do something; make it possible for
We do this by:
• Identifying assets within the community – through community outreach and relationship building
• Nurturing those assets – through celebration and leadership training
• Building connections – through community events and projects
Doing so, we hope, leads to new opportunities and greater collaborative community action.